This article is a guide to teach you how you can verify your Wise account and transfer money today. Create and Verify Wise Account right now, Wise formerly known as TransferWise is a money transfer platform that lets you send and receive money internationally, i.e. Similar post – register and verify all details online on crypto.com
When you open a bank account, you usually need to take some IDs into the bank branch. Wise is no different. It is a financial institution, so they need to know who’s using their service. It helps them combat money laundering, and keep everyone’s money safe. So depending on where you’re sending money from, and how much you are sending, you will need to verify your identity. This helps keep your money safe. If you have a Wise Business account, we also need to verify information about your business. Find out more about business verification
To someone outside your country in a currency the same as yours or in their preferred currency. Before you can transfer or receive money internationally using Wise, you need to have a Wise account. Creating a Wise Account is easier than you might have thought. In fact, I will show you how to create and verify a Wise Account in less than 5 minutes with ease and without hassle.
To successfully create and validate your Wise account instantly, you need to have a valid email address, a phone or PC, and internet connection:
- Open the app or go to the Wise website
- Click on the Sign Up button
- Select the Country you want to send money from. Some countries required that you input your state as well
- Enter a valid email
- Create a password that has at least 8 characters including uppercase and numbers
- Enter a referral code if you have one
- Click Continue.
With the simple steps above, you’ve successfully created a Wise account. This process should take less than 3 minutes to complete. It is important that you have a verified Wise account. Having one will allow the process of sending money internationally easy and give you access to higher transfer limits. If you already own a Wise account and don’t know how to verify it, continue reading and I will show you how to get verified easily.
How long does the Wise account verification take? If we ask to verify you while setting up a transfer, we’ll start reviewing your documents once we have received the money for the transfer. From there we’ll work to get it done within 2–3 working days. When successfully verified, we’ll automatically resume your transfer, and let you know by email.
How does the Wise account verification work?
Wise usually verifies your identity with some photo ID, proof of address, and/or a picture of you holding your ID.
When and how we verify you depends on a few things:
- The amount you send:
- When you send larger amounts, like 80,000 GBP or more, we might need to see additional documents that show how you got the money.
- When you send smaller amounts, we’ll usually verify your identity.
- The currency you send:
- Some countries require proof of identity to send any amount.
- Some currencies require further identification. For example, sending US dollars requires an online banking log in.
- Some countries and currencies require more information about how you earn your money, and how you plan to use Wise. If we need this, we’ll ask you when you set up your transfer.
- How many transfers you’ve made:
- While we might only verify your identity at first, we might need to verify your address later on.
Sometimes, they need to ask for additional documents once a transfer has started. Rest assured their team will work tirelessly to verify these documents as soon as possible to get your money moving again.
Other times, they can automatically verify you when you make a bank transfer. If your transfer comes from your own bank account, and your name there matches with the name on your Wise account, they consider this the first form of identity confirmation. You may not need to do ID or address verification in this situation. Wise can only do this for some currencies, and if you send below 15,000 EUR. We can’t do this for business accounts, either.
What types of documents does Wise accept for verification?
Everything on the document you share should match the information on your Wise account. Make sure the photo isn’t blurry or covered, so we can see all the info. If there’s information on the back of your document, we’ll need to see that, too. Make sure the document isn’t in Arabic, Aramaic, Azerbaijani, Hebrew, or Urdu text — we don’t have the resources to support these.
A valid ID can be:
- Passport (photo page only)
- National ID card (we only accept the most recent version of the Nigerian national ID card)
- Photo driver’s licence (except New Zealand residents sending NZD)
A valid proof of address document can be:
- Utility bills: gas, electric, or landline phone (no mobile phone bills)
- A bank or credit card statement (photo/scan of a physical letter or PDF of statement)
- A council tax bill, or a HMRC notification
- Vehicle registration or tax
- Photo driving licence showing your address and expiry date
- Any other government or financial institution-issued document