This article contains a list of the best IT Certifications to acquire if you are considering a career as an IT professional in Nigeria. An Information Technology certification can significantly increase your salary in Nigeria and expertise to deliver tech tasks with a better understanding.
This guide will take you through each of the top and best IT certifications for any professional in Nigeria who is looking to advance their career or gain insights into the fast-growing digital world.
If you’re an IT professional at home during these covid-times, you might want to think about building your skillset, with remote learning simpler than ever, this is a great time to add to your list of IT certifications.
Below is a list of the top/best highest-paying IT certifications to have in Nigeria, that will boost your CV or increase chances of getting a job or increase in salary 2020 – 2021:
Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
GCPC in Nigeria, a Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect is a Professional that allows organizations to leverage Google Cloud technologies. With a deep knowledge of cloud architecture and Google Cloud Platform, this Architect can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives. cloud.google.com
Cloud skills are critical for any organization operating in the cloud and IT decision-makers are struggling to find qualified candidates for cloud job openings. They’re in such demand, the average cloud computing professional in the U.S. makes over $160,000 a year despite being such a small percentage (4%) of our respondent base.
- This exam objectively measures an individual’s ability to demonstrate critical job skills for the role.
- This exam must be taken in-person at a Kryterion testing center locations.
- Format: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Length: 2 hours
- Registration fee: $200
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services Solution Architect in Nigeria, the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate examination is designated for IT professionals or individuals who perform a solutions architect role, it helps you to certify your ability to efficiently demonstrate knowledge of how to develop and deploy a secure and robust application using AWS technologies. aws.amazon.com
To achieve this certification, you must pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C01) exam. The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification is a prerequisite. AWS also recommends a year of hands-on experience designing systems on AWS before taking this exam.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge and some experience in designing distributed applications
- Format: Multiple choice questions and multiple answers
- Exam Duration: 130 minutes
- Cost: $150
CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
CISM in Nigeria, the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is a top certification for any IT professionals responsible for managing and developing information security systems in enterprise-level applications, or for developing best organizational security practices. The CISM credential was introduced to security professionals in 2003 by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). isaca.org
CISM is an essential certification for individuals looking to make the move from security technologist to security manager. It confirms a high level of technical competence and qualification for top-caliber leadership and management roles. CISM is the third most popular certification amongst IT professionals with 20-plus years of career experience.
- One exam (150 questions, four hours to complete)
- Cost of exam: Exam fees: member $575; nonmember $760
CRISC – Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
CRISC in Nigeria, It is an acronym for Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control. The ISACA organization names CRISC as the most current and rigorous assessment available to evaluate the risk management proficiency of IT professionals and other employees within an enterprise or financial institute.
Security manager and director are the most common job roles for a CRISC-certified professional, but a large percentage also work in information security, as a security engineer or analyst, or as a security architect.
To achieve this certification, you must pass the Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) exam, which consists of four domains:
- IT Risk Identification
- IT Risk Assessment
- Risk Response and Mitigation
- Risk Control, Monitoring and Reporting
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
CISSP in Nigeria, the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an advanced-level certification for IT professionals well determined about careers in information security. Offered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, this vendor-neutral credential is recognized worldwide for its standards of excellence.
To achieve this certification, you also need at least five cumulative years of paid, relevant work experience in two or more of the CISSP domains. If you lack the necessary experience you can still take the certification exam, then you’ll have up to six years to obtain the required experience.
- One for CISSP (English CAT exam: 100-150 questions, three hours to complete; non-English exam: 250 questions, six hours)
- Cost of exam: $699
PMP® – Project Management Professional
PMP in Nigera, Project Management Professional certification is an industry-recognized credential established for project managers. PMP exhibits the experience, education, skill, and competency required to lead and direct projects. The PMP certification is the most sought-after certification administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), USA.
PMP certification is reliant on two factors: project management experience and passing the PMP exam. To become certified, individuals must have 35 hours of PMP-related training. In addition, those who don’t have a bachelor’s degree must have 7,500 hours of project management experience, while those who have a bachelor’s degree or higher need 4,500 hours.
CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor
CISA in Nigeria, the CISA refers to a certification issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). The certification is the global standard for professionals who have a career in information systems, in particular, auditing, control, and security. CISA holders demonstrate to employers that they have the knowledge, technical skills, and proficiency to meet the dynamic challenges facing modern organizations.
The CISA exam is comprised of five domains or sections. There are 150 questions on the exam and you will have four hours to complete it. For each domain there are items which will test your procedural skills and then a set that evaluates your knowledge.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
This fundamental-level course is intended for individuals who seek an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles.
This fundamental-level certification is often held by individuals early in their careers, as it is a springboard for more specialized AWS certifications down the road.
AWS Cloud Practitioner validates the ability to define basic cloud infrastructure and architectural principles, as well as key services on the AWS platform. A certified professional should also be able to describe basic security and compliance aspects of the platform.
VCP6-DCV: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization
VCP6-DCV validates the skills needed to build a scalable virtual infrastructure using VMware vSphere 6. Certification candidates will learn how to deploy, consolidate and administer virtualization technologies, such as vSphere High Availability and Distributed Resource Scheduler clusters.
If you are new to VMware virtualization technology, you’ll need to attend one course from an authorized training provider, such as Global Knowledge, and pass two exams: vSphere 6 Foundations and VCP6-DCV. If you already have a VMware certification, you’ll need to complete one of the following exams: VCP6-DCV (2V0-621) or VCP6-DCV Delta (2V0-621D).
Information Technology Infrastructure Library in Nigeria, with the launch of ITIL® 4 a year ago, the world’s most widely-used framework for IT management experienced an update for the first time since 2011. ITIL 4 addresses the new processes and methods used in modern IT, such as DevOps, Agile, and Lean IT development.
ITIL Foundation introduces ITIL 4 and examines IT service management through an end-to-end operating model. The certification validates an understanding of the ITIL framework and how it can be used to enhance IT service management.
To achieve this certification, you must pass the ITIL exam; there are no other prerequisites for the Foundation exam. It is, however, a prerequisite for follow-on ITIL Intermediate courses.
List of IT Certifications by Specialty:
Big Data Certifications in Nigeria:
- EMC Data Scientist
- Cloudera Certified Professional: Data Scientist
- Oracle Business Intelligence Certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Business
Networking Certifications in Nigeria:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP)
Help Desk Certifications in Nigeria:
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- ITIL Foundation
- CompTIA A+
- Windows Server 2016
System Administration Certifications in Nigeria:
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
- CompTIA Server+
- VMWare Certified Professional
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Database Certifications in Nigeria
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- IBM Info Management Certifications
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Certifications
- ICCP Certified Data Management Pro (ICCP CDMP)
- MongoDB NoSQL Certifications
Mobile Developer Certifications in Nigeria:
- Android Certified Application Developer
- Kony Certified Developer
- MTA Developer
- IBM Certified Mobile Application Developer
Developer Certifications in Nigeria:
- C /C++ certifications
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH)
- Amazon Web Services Certified Developer
- Oracle Certified Java Certifications (OCP, OCM, and OCE)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- Google Apps for Business Certified Deployment Specialist
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD)
Cloud Certifications in Nigeria:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Private Cloud (MCSE)
- CompTIA Cloud+
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect
IT Security Certifications in Nigeria:
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
IT Project Management Certifications in Nigeria:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)