Phone Tracking, how to track a phone number in Nigeria (2022). Learn how to trace and track a stolen mobile phone number in Nigeria and how to find a person’s phone number location in Nigeria.
There are many reasons you might need to track someone’s mobile phone number phone. Usually many use a phone tracker to figure out the location of a phone if it has been stolen.
There are various solutions such as the Find My Device app, IMEI tracking app, and more to track your phone that is switched off.
list of the best cell phone spy and tracker apps with GPS location tracking in 2021
- FlexiSpy: Best For Phone Call Interception and Recording
- mSpy: Best For Spying on Text Messages and Social Media Apps
- KidsGuard Pro: Best For Android Monitoring
- Spyic: Best For GPS Location Tracking
- Cocospy: Best For Employee Monitoring
With the guides in this phone tracking article, you can track a phone using Google Maps and even track a smartphone that is switched off.
Fast ways to track a mobile phone in Nigeria:
1. Contact your Network provider to trace or track your phone
One of the very first options in tracking someone with a phone number is by contacting your network service provider – Glo, MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, etc. Several major networks offer phone tracking services and apps. Network service providers store call logs which means that you can ask some questions about certain calls.
However, for security reasons, network providers will only give you the city and state from where the call was made even if you have fully authenticated your story or reasons for needing this information. You can also tell them to look out for the phone number in case something else comes up.
2. Track phone number and location using Truecaller
Truecaller is one of the greatest and most well-known caller ID apps that allows you to track a person by phone number in Nigeria. The application is also free to use. True caller is also capable of tracking caller locations. True caller is the most updated app for this purpose on the play store. With True caller, you can also avoid spam calls, spam SMS, and even block unwanted contacts.
why you should go for Truecaller:
- Accurate and very effective.
- The app comes with smart messaging; you can chat with your family and friends and easily identify unknown numbers.
- It will immediately identify the number and even block the telemarketers who are annoying you.
- Call recording and flash messaging are also available.
- Gold Caller ID and its High Priority Support.
3. Track lost device by using the IMEI number
To track your lost Android phone with the IMEI number, you need to download a third-party IMEI tracking app, such as IMEI Tracker-Find My Device. However, we recommend using this method as your last resort. Google’s Find My Device is usually the best way to find a missing Android phone in Nigeria.
An IMEI number is a 15-number combination that is unique to your phone only. It stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, and you can find it in the About section of your smartphone settings. Whenever you purchase a new Android, always write down the IMEI and keep it in a safe place, just in case you ever need it.
If your Android phone is ever lost or stolen, and you have no way to get it back, knowing its IMEI number will come in handy. You can report the IMEI number to the authorities in case it ever turns up. Additionally, you can block the number so that no one else will be able to register the phone in the future.
4. How to locate your Android phone with Google’s Find My Device
Find My Device depends on two things being enabled: the feature itself (of course) and Google’s Location Services. In addition, the phone also has to be turned on and signed in to a Google account.
If you want to use Google’s Find My Device, you can check to see if it’s part of your phone’s version of Android.
- Go to Settings > Security and look for Find My Device.
- If the app is listed but is turned off, tap on it and use the toggle to turn it on.
If you don’t have the Google app, but would like to use it instead of the app that your manufacturer has installed — or if you want to use an Android tablet rather than a computer to find your phone or watch — you can go to the Play Store and install Google’s Find My Device app as well.
Next, you can check to see if Location is enabled:
- Go to your phone’s Settings and find Location. It will say right underneath the header whether it’s on or off.
- If it’s off, tap on Location and toggle it on.
- You can also check which apps have access to your location, and which have used it recently. If you want to take this opportunity to fine-tune this setting, tap on “App permission” to tweak location permission settings.
Requirement for tracking a mobile phone in Nigeria
- Know the phone number of the person you want to track.
- Have an internet connection on your phone or laptop – it’s not possible for phone numbers in Nigeria to be tracked without a data connection.
- If you don’t have access to Wi-Fi and are only using your phone plan, make sure that international roaming is turned off so as not to rack up fees.*
- The phone number must have been used before in order for tracking location services to work properly. This means that there should be past cell tower records available for this number within Google Maps’ database.
If this is not the case then no information will show up about where that phone is currently located or has previously been located when being tracked
Phone tracking reasons
The major reason people might need to find out who is using a phone number is in the case of phone harassment.
Phone harassment can happen through the following people:
- A scammer who wants to find out more about you so as to steal your money
- An ex-partner such as a girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife
- A business partner whose business deal with you went wrong
- A prankster who is simply playing around
Tracking someone else’s phone without their permission in Nigeria (Friends and family)
You should always be upfront about tracking somebody and respect their right to privacy, and you should never modify someone else’s phone. However, if you’re the owner of the phone and absolutely must track it without its current user’s full cooperation — perhaps an always-in-trouble teen — here are a few tips on how to do it.
Tracking a smartphone user
You can always use whatever account your child or another minor has that’s connected to your own. You just need to log into the Find My Device or Find My iPhone services to find their location on a map. There are also tracking apps you can use, like Find My Friends, available on Apple. These can connect your entire family and friend circle together. Simply install the app before you give the phone to your preteen or perhaps an elderly family member, for example, and you’re ready to go.
You can use these features without your kids knowing by hiding the app in an undetectable folder. Of course, you’ll have to do this before handing them the phone. Most apps require permission to do this, but those rules usually operate a little differently when it’s your family or relative. If you’d rather be open about it instead of hiding the app, talk to your teen or child about why you’ve installed it and how it benefits them.
Tracking a non-smartphone user
As we mentioned above, tracking is much more difficult on a non-smartphone device. Fortunately, you do have a few options. You can use your phone essentially as a GPS device, so it will show you its exact location if you lose it. Many feature phones have GPS capabilities, giving you the chance to track your phone should the need arise. To enable it, simply log in to the Accutracking site and follow the simple steps to set up your account.