MTN’s official mobile app – MyMTN allows you to run a couple of services right on your mobile phone. With the MyMTN app, you can manage your phone accounts, monitor your usage pattern, manage your data usage, and subscribe to products and services from your mobile device. Similar post – How to transfer airtime from your MTN account to another MTN user.
Last year MTN announced the launch of a mobile application, which allows users to purchase airtime, bundle and manage their mobile money account. Registered MoMo users will now be able to access a significant number of USSD Services on the MyMTN App. Similar post – How to migrate to MTN Awuf4U plan and get 300% on every recharge
This article is a comprehensive guide on how you can use the MyMTN app to play services, buy and share data plans, migrate to various tariff plans (Pulse, Xtraspecial, Betatalk, mPulse, Xtravalue, Trutalk, etc), contact customer care, and live chat with MTN support team. Similar post – How to get 50GB for 6,000 Naira on MTN.
The Mobile Application gives registered MTN Customers greater control of their own mobile money services so that they can access MTN services and solve issues without having to contact company representatives MyMTN also ensures customers have access to information about MTN’s products and services whenever the user needs it (24 hours a day) and at their convenience.
Below are some of the features of MyMTN for personal or business use:
- Quick recharge
- Data plan activation
- Fingerprint login
- Product and service information
- Credit and debit card payments
- Voice and data balance
- Access to key security codes like PUK to unlock SIM card
- Remote airtime loading for family and friends
- Ease of use
How to get the MyMTN App: By simply sending MYMTN to 5018, MTN will send a download link directly to your phone. Once you click the download link and install you will be able to use the app.
How to buy a data bundle on MyMTN App
- open the MyMTN app.
- From the tab options that appear below the app, select the Buy option.
- Once open, from the tab-grid option, select the option of data
- Select the bundle of your choice to proceed with payment.
- Select to buy for yourself or for another subscriber. Note that payment is only done using mobile money.
- Press continue to get a confirmation message to proceed.
- Press proceed and you will be requested to enter your mobile money pin to confirm payment of the bundles.
How to Share Your MTN Data with friends or family
- Open MyMTN App on your device.
- Navigate to Home
- Select Bundle or Recharge on the Home page
- Choose the share data
- Select the range of data you wish to share, enter the number of the recipient, and share.
Note that the maximum data you can share using the MyMTN app is limited to 100MB. If you wish to share more than 100MB, you need to subscribe to SME Data Share bundles, but we are hoping with time, MTN will increase the data share via the MyMTN app.
The same thing is applicable if you wish to share your airtime with friends and family, only that you need to click on Recharge >> MTN Share, to share your airtime.
How to buy airtime on MTN Mobile App
Follow the below simple steps to recharge your account using the MyMTN APP:
- Launch the MyMTN APP installed on your mobile device[ Android or Apple IOS]
- Click on the Buy/send Tap
- Click on Airtime
- Select recipient of the airtime [Self]
- Click on continue
- Indicate payment method
- Enter the Amount you want to purchase
- Click on Buy
- Click on Proceed to complete the process
How to link your NIN on MTN via MyMTN App
Download MyMTN App from Google Play Store or App Store, and if you already have it, then you can ignore it.
MTN inculcated the NIN paring amongst the functions for the app. The steps to using the MyMTN app method are outlined below:
- Open MyMTN App, then log in using your MTN number
- Click on proceed, then on the page, put your MTN number, Notification email, and your National Identification Number in the boxes shown. Then click Submit.
How To Check MTN Data Balance Using MyMTN App
You can easily check your remaining MTN data balance for all normal data and bonus data via the MyMTN app
- Visit the Apple Store or Google play store.
- Download the myMTN app and install it.
- After successful installation, launch the app.
- Then register using your phone number.
- Your remaining data balance will be on the home screen.
How to get the Free Data Bonus of 500MB with the MyMTN App
- You can also send ” MYMTN” to 5018 to an SMS with a link to download the app.
- Install the app after downloading.
- Choose your location i.e., country, and type in your MTN number and send.
- You will receive an OTP code in a few seconds.
- Enter the code into the form to get your 500MB bonus.
- Dial *559*4# and an on-screen message showing your data balance will appear.
The data bonus lasts for three days however some users have complained of receiving messages about the expiration of the gift within 24 hours. Thus, it’s advisable to use up the 500MB as soon as possible.