Confirming the legitimacy and validity of an individual’s driver’s license is what driver’s license verification entails. Typically, this verification process is carried out by various organizations or entities that require tangible evidence of a valid driver’s license. These entities could range from employers and government agencies to service providers.
The approach to driver’s license verification can differ, influenced by the specific demands of the verifying organization and the jurisdiction involved. However, it commonly involves validating crucial details like the driver’s license number, dates of issuance and expiration, as well as the authority that issued the license. Such verification can be executed through physical examination of the driver’s license, cross-referencing it with a database of valid licenses, or utilizing online verification systems provided by pertinent authorities.
In the context of this article, our focus will be directed specifically towards online driver’s license verification.
Step By Step Guide To Online Driver’s License Verification In Nigeria
To be able to drive freely on Nigerian roads, having a genuine driver’s license is mandatory, amongst other things. The Federal Road Safety Commission is the agency of the Federal Government saddled with the responsibility of issuing, renewing and verifying the authenticity of driver’s licenses in Nigeria.
Due to the mandatory requirement of a driver’s license for all persons who drive, some people illegally obtain their driver’s license through proxies. This has led to the proliferation of fake driver’s licenses. The major reason for driver’s license verification is to ascertain the genuineness and authenticity of driver’s licenses.
Below are the steps to be taken for online verification of a driver’s license in Nigeria:
- Visit http://www.ndlverification.frsc.gov.ng/ and click on the drop-down menu to sign in if you have already created an account. If you do not have an account, simply click on “sign up” on the homepage.
- Upon signing up, you will receive an email from FRSC NDLV Portal [email protected] asking you to confirm your account. Click on the link in the email to confirm your registration.
- Log onto the dashboard on the Nigeria Driver’s License Verification (NDLV) portal with your login details upon successful confirmation.
- On your dashboard, fill out the verification form accordingly.
- Proceed to upload both the front and back images of your driver’s license.
- Next, upload a scanned letter explaining why you need to have your driver’s license verified.
- After that, select the valid government-issued identification document you possess by clicking on “Applicant’s proof of identification”. Next, proceed to upload the proof of identity.
- Then select “Drivers License Verification” from the list of alternatives by clicking on “Request type”.
- Select “Nigeria” from the drop-down menu by clicking on “Receiving Country”.
- Then, provide the email address of the recipient. Provide the recipient’s address and phone number as well.
- At the “Shipping and Payment” section, enter the shipping location where you want your validated request to be sent by clicking on “Shipping Details”.
- Choose your desired delivery option by clicking on “Delivery Option” (Courier Service, Pickup at FRSC RSHQ, or Digital Copy)
- Continue by filling out “Payment Details”
- By clicking “Save and Continue to Pay,” submit the verification request.