How to start earning and stake my CRO on the crypto.com app? how to stake CRO on crypto.com Defi wallet. Crypto.com latest security, how to set up 2FA security in Crypto.com.
Crypto.org Chain is a proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain network, and CRO Staking is enabled for everyday users via the delegated-proof-of-stake (DPoS) consensus protocol. Crypto.com: how to register and verify all details online on crypto.com.
Please note that Crypto.org Chain Staking requires staking native CRO on Crypto.org Chain Mainnet instead of ERC20 CRO on Ethereum network. Learn more about the difference between native CRO and ERC20 CRO here.
How to stake CRO in the Crypto.com App?
Once you have enough CRO tokens in your Crypto.com App for your selected Crypto.com Visa card:
- Go to the Card page (bottom-right corner of the app)
- Select your desired Crypto.com Visa card
- Tap the Stake CRO button and follow the on-screen instructions
To stake CRO, you need to have an adequate amount of CRO Tokens in your CRO wallet in the Crypto.com App. To do so, there are 3 options:
1. Purchase CRO in the Crypto.com App:
- Tap the Trade button
- Tap Buy
- Select CRO from the list
- Choose purchase method. You can fund your CRO wallet with:
- credit card
- bank transfer via EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, CAD fiat wallets
5. Enter the required amount of CRO
6. Confirm the purchase
2. Exchange from other cryptos to CRO in the Crypto.com App:
- Tap the Trade button
- Tap Sell
- Select a wallet with your other crypto
- Select CRO as the deposit to crypto wallet
- Enter the required amount of CRO
- Confirm the purchase
C. Deposit CRO from an external wallet or exchange to your Crypto.com App:
For the current list of exchanges with CRO, please refer here.
How do I start earning and stake my CRO on DeFi Wallet?
- Tap [Earn] on the bottom navigation of your DeFi Wallet app
- Tap [Start Earning] or [Earn More] to see the list of tokens supported for earning
- Select CRO and enter the stake amount to see the projected annual earning based on the latest estimated annual reward %
- Tap on the “To Validator” dropdown to choose another validator from our whitelisted validator list (we recommend not to stake to a validator with an existing voting power of >15%)
- Review and confirm the staking by tapping [Confirm Stake]
- Authorize the staking request with your passcode (and 2FA if enabled)
- Wait for the on-chain confirmation of your staking request
- Once confirmed, you will see the refreshed CRO staking assets on your DeFi Earn screen
Overview on how to start earning and stake my CRO on the crypto.com app
You need to stake enough CRO for your metal Crypto.com Visa card. When the stake is locked, we will review your application and as soon as your card status is changed to “Shipped”, the card will be on its way to you.
Yes. During the initial 180-days staking period, you can increase the amount of staked CRO, by going to your CRO wallet in the app and selecting the Upgrade button.
You will be prompted to add the difference between your existing stake and the one you are going for (so, for example, if you’ve currently staked 2,000 CRO and would like to increase to 20,000 CRO, you will need to add 18,000 CRO).
The new stake will reset the timer and another 180-days period will start. To increase your staking amount after your Crypto.com card has been issued, please follow this upgrade process (U.S.) (Singapore) (E.U & U.K) (Canada).
After the 180-days staking period is completed, you’ll be able to unlock your CRO. Simply go to the CRO wallet in your App and tap the “Unstake” button.
Go to your CRO Wallet in the App.
Tap on the Stake button and follow the guided steps.
Staking a higher tier will make you eligible for that tier’s Crypto.com Visa Card.
There is an option* to have it issued at the end of the restaking process.