How to start a successful digital marketing career in Nigeria, how to become a digital marketer in Nigeria, and earn money.
Today, a successful career in digital marketing is perhaps the most famous career choice for
lazy youths in Nigeria. There are many justifications for why and how getting a job in digital marketing is a great career decision.
You can start a career in Digital marketing by building the required skills using Offline or online resources and by serving clients around the World from the comfort of your own home.
This guide is aimed at teaching you everything that you need to know about how to start a career in digital marketing with the highest chances of success.
Ultimate guide to build your personal brand as a digital marketer in Nigeria
- Define your brand: Take out a piece of paper and write down the words and values that people would use to describe you and your business.
- Have a speciality: Specializing in a skill that is relevant to your field—and being vocal about that!—will help you stand out in the crowd.
- Write a short bio so you have it ready. A professional bio is a necessity for freelance writing gigs, networking events, speaking on panels, and keeping your LinkedIn profile up-to-date.
- Create a blog: Blogging is a great, and often free, way to showcase your creativity and thought leadership.
- LinkedIn is yet another Internet home where you can promote your academic or career changes and achievements. It is, essentially, your digital, public resume. LinkedIn allows you to put your accomplishments out there for the world (and potential clients) to see.
- Build your communication skill: Whether you’re shy or outgoing, it’s important to be able to communicate well—particularly about yourself—as you build your brand.
- Participate in social media: Social media is a perfect—and free!—platform for positively promoting your brand. You can share articles, blog posts, and client-related achievements.
- Build your network: In order to build and share your personal brand, you need to also be building your professional network.
- Say no: Now that you have your personal brand in place, protect it. Say no to opportunities, projects, freelance work, or social media posts that are not aligned with your brand.
- Uphold brand values: Your work and actions speak volumes about your personal brand—and you, as an individual. You can say you hold certain values, but your actions, your experience, and your words have to embody them.
What Are The Most Common Job Roles Within Digital Marketing in Nigeria?
Digital marketing offers a variety of exciting and challenging work and the ability to interact with people worldwide. With the right skills and attitude, a career in digital marketing may take you anywhere.
Career opportunities in digital marketing cover a wide range of job roles, and the industries you can work in are almost limitless. Here are just a few of the most common ones in Nigeria:
1. Social Media Manager
They create and publish content, interact with followers, and measure the success of social media campaigns while also overseeing the company’s social media presence.
2. Digital Marketing Manager
Social media managers oversee all aspects of a business’s social media presence, including creating content, interacting with fans, monitoring social media campaigns, and analyzing results.
3. Web Developer
Usually, web developers create and maintain websites, designing and coding the site to be compatible with all devices and meet users’ needs.
4. Conversion Rate Optimisation Manager
Using various methods such as A/B testing, heat maps, and web analytics, a conversion rate optimization manager increases website conversions.
5. Email Marketing Manager
The email marketing manager creates and manages email campaigns, including writing the copy, designing the templates, and delivering them.
6. SEO Specialist
Specialists in search engine optimization (SEO) analyze a website’s user base and ranking in search engines to develop a strategy for achieving this goal.
7. Influencer / Blogger Relations Manager
It is the responsibility of an influencer relations manager to develop and maintain relationships with industry influencers and bloggers. They identify potential partners, monitor trends, and negotiate campaigns together.
8. E-commerce Manager
Managers of online stores oversee all aspects of their stores, including managing inventory, setting prices, processing payments, and shipping goods.
9. Affiliate Marketer
making sales by promoting other people’s products and getting an affiliate commission.
Digital Marketing Guide in Nigeria
Career headway in digital marketing is about mastery, ability, and abilities and conceivable if you have information in essential arranging utilized in the primary organization of assets accessible in a business by using digital devices that can assist with reducing expenses, increment deals income or comparative objectives that are critical to accomplishing.
It is also necessary that you comprehend the importance of career position insight, so obtaining career experience will be a vital step in your career progression journey; this way, career experiences will be permanently etched into your mind. A career in digital marketing may be an excellent career decision if you are concerned about career progression and offers career development by beating the continually changing business climate.
Furthermore, many organizations have flexible hours, which provide more opportunities for unwinding after difficult work during the week. When stepping stool climbing career in digital marketing, career progression offers career advantages and career chances to a career in digital marketing.