Having a Parental Control PIN gives you the convenience of easily blocking and unblocking channels on your DStv decoder. Nevertheless, one common issue is forgetting the PIN, but fret not, as that’s no longer a concern.
This guide demonstrates how to manage the blocking and unblocking of channels using the Parental Lock feature. Parental lock serves as a protective measure, preventing children from accessing adult content. If activated, the lock restricts access to channels rated 13 and below, 16 and below, or 18 and below. However, you also have the option to personally block specific channels.
To access the PG Settings, simply press the DStv/Home button, and then navigate to Settings -> Parental Control -> PG Settings. You will need your PG PIN to enter this screen, with the default PG PIN code being 1234. Keep in mind that entering the PG PIN incorrectly multiple times will result in the PIN being blocked.
Table of Contents
how to set up parental control lock on your DStv
Here are the simple steps to activate parental control on your DStv decoder:
- Using your DStv decoder remote, press the blue button with “DStv” written on it.
- Press the right button labelled “OK” or the Grid button.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down and select “Parental Control.”
- Press “OK” to proceed.
- Open “PG Settings.”
- Enter the default DStv parental control code, which is 1234.
- Choose “Personalise” behind global blocking.
- Scroll down to “Parental Control” (PG).
- Opt for P13 to block all programs rated above 16.
- Alternatively, you can select “FAM,” which will block all channels except those rated 13 or below, allowing only family-friendly content.
How to unblock parental guidance on DStv
To unlock channels that have been previously locked, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button or the blue button on your DStv remote.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Select the “Parental Control” option and press OK.
- Enter the PIN code, which is set to the default value (1234) if you haven’t changed it.
- Under “Global Blocking,” switch to “No Block.”
- Exit the menu by pressing the Return Key.
By following these steps, you will successfully unlock the channels that were previously blocked, and you will regain access to them without any restrictions.
How to change the PG control pin on DStv
Changing the Parental Control (PG) PIN on your DStv decoder is crucial to ensure kids don’t have easy access to sensitive content. Here’s a simple guide on how to do it:
- Press the DStv button on your remote to access the main menu.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Choose the “Parental Control” tab.
- Select “PG Settings” and open it.
- Input the default PIN, which is 1234, to unlock the settings.
- Scroll down to the “Change PIN” option.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Confirm the new PIN.
- You will be taken back to the parental control menu.
- Finally, press the “Return” button to exit.
Following these steps will allow you to successfully change your DStv parental control PIN, providing a safer environment for content access and preventing kids from exploring inappropriate content.
PARENTAL GUIDANCE SETTINGS
If you choose “Personalise” for Global Blocking, you’ll need to select a Parental Guidance Setting from the following options:
- None: All programs are cleared for viewing without any restrictions.
- FAM: Only FAM-rated programs are cleared for viewing. All other content is blocked and can only be accessed with a valid PG PIN.
- PG: Both FAM and PG-rated programs are open for viewing. Other content is blocked and requires a valid PG PIN to access.
- PG 13: FAM, PG, and PG13-rated programs are open for viewing. All other content is blocked and requires a valid PG PIN to access.
- 13: FAM, PG, PG13, and 13-rated programs are open for viewing. Other content is blocked and requires a valid PG PIN to access.
- 16: FAM, PG, PG13, 13, and 16-rated programs are open for viewing. Other content is blocked and requires a valid PG PIN to access.
- 18: FAM, PG, PG13, 13, 16, and 18-rated programs are open for viewing. All other content is blocked and requires a valid PG PIN to access.
Remember, once you’ve made your selection, the chosen Parental Guidance Setting will determine which programs are allowed and which require the use of a valid PG PIN for viewing.