How to read deleted WhatsApp messages on WhatsApp. WhatsApp, the popular messaging app owned by Facebook added a new feature a while ago which allows users to delete/unsend messages within an hour.
Is it possible to recover a message after someone has deleted it? Yes, after someone deletes chat for everyone it is possible to retrieve, read the article to get tips and hacks on this.
Messages can be deleted in individual chats as well as group chats and the feature is available on Android, iOS, and Windows platforms. The Whatsapp unsend messages feature comes with caveats like recipients get to know that you have deleted a message as “This message was deleted” is displayed instead of the deleted message.
How to read deleted WhatsApp messages
Using the Notification Log app, you can read deleted WhatsApp messages. It’s important to note from the beginning, though, that you cannot read messages that had been deleted before the app was installed.
Step one: Read deleted WhatsApp messages
First, go to the Play Store and download the Notification History Log app. It is a third-party app that maintains a log of all notifications and can be used for reasons beyond reading deleted messages.
If you accidentally clear notifications from the notification panel before accessing them, you can do just that through the app.
Step two: Read deleted WhatsApp messages
Once installed, you have to allow the app the necessary access and permission, allowing it to access your notifications.
Step three: Read deleted WhatsApp messages
From there, you will have any notification that appears on your phone stored in the Notification History Log app. They will automatically appear in the app and can be found in the ‘Advanced History’ section.
How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
1. Read deleted messages using WhatsApp Chat Backup
If you have deleted a chat accidentally that you want to recover, you can do so with the help of WhatsApp Chat backup which occurs every night at 2 am by default. You can change the frequency of backup to daily, weekly, or monthly. However, choosing daily as the preferred backup frequency is recommended as you can restore chats before the next backup occurs at 2 am.
To restore deleted WhatsApp chats, pursue the following steps:
- Uninstall WhatsApp and install it again from Google Play Store if you are using an Android device.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions and enter your mobile number along with the country code in the next step.
- You will be presented with an option to restore chats from a backup. Click on the restore option and your WhatsApp chats will be restored.
2. Read deleted messages using Third-Party Apps
To read deleted WhatsApp messages, you can use third-party apps. There are many applications available on Google Play Store that allow you to recover WhatsApp messages after you or the sender has deleted it. These apps maintain a log of your notifications that are stored in the Notification register of the Android system.
There is a popular app named “WhatsRemoved+” that you can use to read deleted WhatsApp messages. With over 5 million downloads, the app is available only for Android users and not for iOS users. Also, this app to read deleted WhatsApp messages contains ads and you can remove them by buying the premium subscription of the app.
Read deleted messages using WhatsRemoved+ App:
- Download the app from Google Play Store and install it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions as prompted on the screen and allow access to notifications.
- Select WhatsApp from the list of apps to read deleted messages.
- Now, whenever someone deletes a message sent to you, you’ll get a notification from the app.
- To read deleted WhatsApp message, open the notification and tap on the “DETECTED” tab.
- From there, you can read the deleted message even after it is removed by the sender.