How to pay for your prepaid meter online in Nigeria. Learn how to load PHCN prepaid meter online or recharge prepaid electricity meter online.
Every family has to pay electricity bills online or offline. Offline payment methods can consume too much time. There will be no need to visit your bank office once you learn how to load PHCN prepaid meter online through PHCN’s official website. This is simple and fast.
Using PHCN’s official website, you can only pay Ibadan (IBEDC), Ikeja (IE), and Eko (EKEDC) distribution companies. At the same time, users also wish to complete their PHCN prepaid meter online payment to EEDC, YOEDC, AEDC, JOS, Kaduna Electric, and other Nigerian companies.
How do you pay for your prepaid meter online? Here is a guide on how to recharge prepaid electricity meters online.
- Visit the official website of PHCN
- Choose your electricity supplier
- Fill in your prepaid meter details, which includes your name, meter name, and location
- Choose an online payment method and fill in the promoted details, including bank name, credit card type, and number
- Enter your One-Time password sent to your phone to confirm payment
How to recharge prepaid meter using Quickteller
Here are the steps to follow to make your purchase a success:
- Visit quickteller.com and choose a distribution company. You can look up one in the search bar.
- Fill in your details. These include your meter number, email address, mobile number, a one-time password, and the amount you wish to pay.Confirm the amount by reviewing the details and click continue. A small transaction fee is charged for this service.
- Fill in your card details and make the payment. You will be redirected to a web-pay page where you can either make the payment using your e-wallet or debit card.
- Confirm the payment and top-up the recharge code.
- Once you make the payment, quick teller will send you an OTP to your phone as a safety measure.
- Once done, you will receive a successful payment message at the top of the page. You will also receive a recharge pin code on this page. Feed it on your prepaid meter
How to buy electricity online using BuyPower.ng on your phone
This is one of the fastest ways of recharging your meter. The best part about using BuyPower.ng is that it covers consumers from all the 36 states of the country. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the BuyPower.ng website
- Fill in your phone number Fill in your information on the form that will be displayed, and any other required information, including full name, state of residence, email address, meter number, and amount of electricity to be procured
- Choose an online payment method and fill in your details, such as the bank name, credit card type and number, and the CVV number
- Enter the one-time password sent to your phone number by your bank to confirm payment The recharge details will be sent to the phone number entered in the second step.
How to recharge prepaid meters using bank mobile applications
Most banks in Nigeria have made it possible to carry out online transactions on their platforms. All that is required of you is to have the bank’s smartphone application.
- Log in to your mobile bank application
- Click on the pay electrical bill feature Pick the electricity distribution company with which your prepaid meter is registered
- Fill in your prepaid meter number and the amount you wish to purchase
- Fill in your bank details and confirm using the OTP sent to your phone
- The recharge pin will be sent to your mobile number in a few seconds