How to password protect a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, learn free tech guides and tips on A3 Techworld. Adobe Acrobat is a family of application software and Web services developed by Adobe Inc.
The Adobe Reader is free software, by which you can read and access the information about the attached PDF files. Adobe helps you to provide various security features, once you have generated the password for your PDF.
Restrict unauthorized access – When you create a password-protected PDF, you control file access. Acrobat also lets you know if your password strength is weak, medium, or strong.
Need to keep your PDF file protected? Below i will show you how you can password protect your PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Once you have downloaded Adobe Reader on your system.
- Open the PDF for which you want to set a Password.
- Now you have to select Tools > Protect > Encrypt > Encrypt with Password.
- Once, you see the pop-up of the Menu button. Click the Yes button on the screen.
- Select “Require a Password to Open the Document“.
- Then type the password in the corresponding field.
- Complete the process.
When you password protect a PDF, you keep documents like tax filings and medical records safe on your computer and when sharing them with others.
If you’re worried about somebody gaining access to your information, you can add an extra layer of protection to those documents by password protecting those PDFs with Adobe Acrobat.
How to password protect a PDF online for free
How to password protect a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader for free online, Add PDF password protection with Adobe Acrobat online services. To view your PDF file content, people will need to first enter the document open password.
As the inventor of the PDF file format, Adobe delivers trusted document security. Secure your file with confidence from any browser on Mac or Windows.
- To password protect a pdf file online.
- Visit the official Adobe website.
- Drag and drop a PDF file.
- Or you can browse to select your file.
- After that you can set a password for you PDF file.