How to opt-out of auto-renewal on Airtel data plans, Telecoms on A3Tehworld. Learn how to cancel or stop Airtel Nigeria auto-renewal on data plans. The Airtel auto-renewal feature was added to automatically renew your expired data bundle plan and ease the stress of subscribing manually.
Did you mistakenly activate auto-renewal or did you forget to select “One-Off” or “Stop My Data” when making a new data subscription on the Airtel network? Unlike other Nigerian mobile networks, Airtel asks you if you would like to enable the auto-renewal feature any time you subscribe to a new data plan.
After successful activation, it’s time to turn off the auto-renewal feature so that Airtel doesn’t tamper with your airtime when the data bundle expires.
How can I cancel my Airtel auto-renewal plan? To successfully opt-out of auto-renewal on Airtel, Send STOP to 141 on your Aitel line and this will cancel the auto-renew feature on your Airtel.
After completing the aforementioned step successfully, you’ll get a confirmation message/SMS showing that you’ve opted out of the Airtel auto-renewal service.
How do I deactivate my data Bundle on Airtel?
The list below highlights easy USSD codes and SMS you can use to opt-out of auto-renewal on Airtel for Android, BB, Mega, daily, weekly, or monthly data plan bundles.
- Android Bundles: *438*100#
- Mega bundles: *408*100#
- BB Bundle: Text STOP AUTO RENEW to 440
- Daily/Weekly bundles: Text STOP to 141
Cancel Airtel Auto-Renewal via SMS
Disabling the airtel auto-renewal feature is quite an easy thing to do and doesn’t require much effort.
To cancel auto-renewal on Airtel with SMS, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to your “Messages” or “SMS” application (all mobile devices come with this app)
- Send “STOP” without quotes to 141
- After completing the aforementioned step successfully, you’ll get a confirmation message/SMS showing that you’ve opted out of the Airtel auto-renewal service
Cancel Airtel Auto-Renewal via Twitter
This method of canceling auto-renewal on Airtel is one which most Airtel subscribers don’t even know about.
Presently, Airtel Nigeria has a dedicated Twitter account for attending to its customers who might have some problems when using their service.
To opt out of the Airtel auto-renewal service using this method, follow the step outlined below.
- Log in to your Twitter account on the Twitter mobile app or website (you can create an account if you don’t currently have one)
- Locate the search page and search for “airtel_care” (without quotes)
- You should see the official Airtel customer care account with a verified badge (don’t deal with any account without a verified badge), open the handle, and locate the send message icon/button
- Send them a message stating your problem and make sure you include your phone number, and the data plan you want them to cancel on your airtel line
- Relax and wait for a reply from them
Cancel Airtel Auto-Renewal via Airtel Customer Care
Another sure way to disable this feature is to contact Airtel customer care agents.
To contact these customer care agents, dial “111” on your airtel line, and ask them to disable the auto-renewal for your current data plan.
Airtel Data Auto Renewal Service – FAQs
What is the code to cancel auto-renewal on Airtel?
Just navigate to the dialer app on your phone and simply dial *438*100# and send/call. That is the code to opt out of auto-renewal on the Airtel data bundle.
What is the Airtel auto-renewal deactivation code?
To deactivate auto-renewal on Airtel, simply text STOP to 141 on your airtel line via SMS.
How can I stop the Airtel auto-renewal pack?
You can stop the Airtel auto-renewal pack by simply navigating to the dialer app on your phone and dialing *362*2#.
How can I cancel all Airtel subscriptions?
You can cancel auto-renewal on all Airtel subscriptions by dialing *362#, then select 2 to deactivate the Airtel auto-renewal service for all subscriptions.