How to get and turn on dark mode appearance on Snapchat. Snapchat is one of the most known multimedia messaging apps used all over the globe.
Most apps, as well as entire operating systems, now support a light mode as well as a dark mode. It has now become a trend and most users are fond of dark displays.
Sometimes, the smallest of updates is what makes the user experience so much more delightful. Finally, the dark mode feature is now available on Snapchat.
Dark Mode gives apps a dark background, which some say is less harsh on the eyes and make it easier to read on your device.
In this post you will learn how to get Snapchat Dark Mode and where to turn on new feature in app appearance as it’s finally rolled out.
Snapchat comes late to the club with App appearance, it is a new option in the settings that can change the appearance of the Snapchat app and can turn on dark mode.
To turn on your Snapchat to dark mode you will need to update your Snapchat app, the app appearance feature isn’t available for all but if you’re lucky you can turn on dark mode with the guide below.
- Make sure that your Snapchat is updated.
- Then open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Click on your Bitmoji.
- Now click on the Setting icon that will be located on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “App Appearance” located in My Account options.
- Then click on “App Appearance” and set the desired look for your Snapchat app.
- Select the Snapchat “Dark Mode” option.
- With this dark mode on Snapchat has been successfully activated.
If the update isn’t available to you, the App Appearance option won’t be present.
How to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have “app appearance”?
The latest app appearance feature on Snapchat is what allows users to turn on the dark mode. Users have now been given an option to change their app appearance. This was released in a recent update by Snapchat, it is important to update your Snapchat app to the latest version.
- From your home screen open App Store.
- Search for the Snapchat app and update it.
- After the update is complete, launch the app.
- Tap on your avatar or Bitmoji icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the setting icon.
- Then, scroll down to Account Actions.
- Tap the Clear Cache option and proceed with it.
- Once you have restarted your app.
- Open it and follow our guide above.