Is your OPay account locked? this post will teach you simple steps to unlock your OPay account. OPay is owned by the same Chinese company that owns the browser, Operamini, and is rated as one of the most popular payment processors in the country right now.
OPay was established to simplify transactions online in Nigeria. The app also allows you to buy airtime, mobile data, and lots more without having to open another bank account.
Opay account locked simply means you can’t perform or carry out any debit transactions with your Opay account, debit transactions like transferring funds, buying airtime and data, purchasing things online.
Reasons why your OPay account can be locked
- Not completing KYC levels
- No BVN linked to Opay account
- Long time use of Opay account
- Attempting using Opay account for financial fraud
- Accessing Opay account on unregistered devices
How to unblock or unlock your locked OPay account
Is your OPay account locked and you can’t make transactions? Try out these methods below as attempts to fix all your issues on OPay.
- Complete your account registration fully by verifying your email address and phone number.
- Enter and link your BVN to your OPay account.
- Complete your KYC (Know Your Customer), KYC levels are set by Central Bank of Nigeria to prevent identity theft, financial fraud. Opay provides upto 4 KYC levels including agents level.
- Contact OPay throught their customer care line, email address, or social media accounts.
OPay POS Application FAQ
How Much do I need to apply for the OPay POS Machine in Nigeria?
The OPay POS application is free. Although you must retain at least N20,000 in your OPay Wallet, it’s called a caution fee. Immediately the POS request is approved, the caution fee is taken from your wallet. The N20,000 will be refunded only when the agent returns the POS terminal.
How long does it take to get OPay POS?
All OPay POS requests are reviewed and processed within 24 hours. Once your request for the POS terminal is approved, the agent support team will contact you to inform you about the best available date to pick up the POS terminal.
How do I get OPay free POS in Nigeria?
To become an OPay agent, you only need to visit the app store, download the OPay app, and sign up “to become an agent”. The signup is free, you will also get a free POS machine.
This post is a guide and we can’t work on your blocked OPay account, kindly contact OPay directly.