Are you trying to make international transactions from Nigeria? Paga, a Nigerian Fintech company has partnered with UBA Group and Visa to enable Nigerians to get USD virtual cards on their platform.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of creating your own Virtual Dollar Card on Paga, fund the card, withdrawal & transfer limit, and all charges.
The Paga virtual Dollar card stands as a digital solution, tailored to facilitate streamlined, secure, and swift online transactions. It is a digital essence, distinguished by its unique 16-digit card number, CVV, and expiration date—distinct from your tangible prepaid card. This distinctive facet introduces an additional stratum of protection as you engage in online spending.
Table of Contents
Features of the Paga Dollar virtual card
Introducing the capabilities of the Paga virtual card:
- Effortlessly receive dollar payments directly into your card.
- Access your card details including the Card Number, CVV, and Expiry date, all conveniently from within the Paga app.
- Say goodbye to FX limits and complications – shop and pay seamlessly at international websites.
- Stay in the loop with instant notifications on your Paga app whenever you use your virtual card.
- Keep your card ultra-secure by locking or unlocking it right from the app, whenever you want.
Guide to Creating a Paga Virtual Dollar Card
You can create and save a virtual card instantly on your mobile phone via the app and load it with cash. Like every prepaid card, you can only spend the available balance on the card.
- Log in to your Paga app.
- Click on Cards on your dashboard or menu.
- Next, click Get Card.
- Swipe to the left to see the Dollar Virtual Card tab.
- Select a card design to create your virtual card.
- You can decide to create a Nickname for it.
- Finally, confirm your Payment.
How to fund your Paga Virtual Dollar Card
Adding Funds to Your Account – Here’s How:
- Open your Paga account using the app.
- From the Home menu, go to “cards” to see your active cards.
- Choose the card you want to add money to and click on “Fund.”
- Enter the amount you wish to add.
- Lastly, confirm the payment using your Paga wallet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Paga is a mobile phone-based payments platform that was first launched in Nigeria in 2011. Paga also offers basic banking services such as savings accounts, wire transfers, and merchant services.
You can load/fund your card between $1 – $5,000 in one go (per transaction), and up to $10,000 in total each quarter. The same limits apply for withdrawing your card balance to your Paga wallet.
The Virtual dollar card costs 2 USD or the Naira equivalent at the prevailing market rate.
Yes, you will be charged a processing fee of 1.2% of the fund amount (exclusive of Tax)
Yes, you can withdraw money from the Virtual Dollar Card to your Paga wallet.
A Paga Virtual dollar card is valid for 2 years. It means that the card would expire after two years.