WASSCE 2023 results: On Monday, August 7, the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) released the results of candidates who sat for the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE).
The West African Examinations Council is an examination body created to decide which exams are necessary for the public interest in the English-speaking nations of West Africa. It is also tasked with administering the exams and issuing certificates equivalent to those of examining authorities worldwide.
If you are one of the candidates that participated in the 2023 West African Examination Council (WAEC) examination, you will need the result checker pin and serial number contained on the smart identity card used during the exams to check your WAEC results. Additionally, we wrote an article on the best and most affordable sites to Buy WAEC Result Checker PIN.
The below methods provide the steps to check your WAEC result via the website, SMS, and serial number.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Check Your WAEC 2023 Results via SMS
Candidates who may wish to check their WAEC results via SMS need to purchase a WAECDirect scratch card from the official website. Also, keep in mind that only MTN, Glo, and Airtel users can check their results through the SMS method.
- Using your mobile device, Type WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear (e.g WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2023)
- Send to 32327
- Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost ₦30 only)
Note: You will need to have purchased the WAECDirect Scratch card to check your result via text message. The scratch card pin is what is needed in the PIN section of the SMS you will send to 32327. SMS charges will be applied when checking your WASSCE results using text messages.
Method 2: Check Your WAEC 2023 Results WAEC website
- Login to the WAEC Result Checker website.
- Enter your 10-digit Examination Number (This is your 7-digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789).
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year (e.g 2022)
- Select the Type of Examination
- Enter the e-PIN Voucher Number
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your e-PIN
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up
Method 3: Check Your WAEC 2023 Results using your serial number
Candidates can check their WAEC results by using their serial numbers.
- Firstly, ensure your mobile phone is internet enabled.
- Then you visit www.waecdirect.org
- Enter your 10-digit Examination number
- Enter serial number
- Enter the Examination year
- Click on Check my WAEC Result.