How to Check and Link Your NIN on MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile. The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). It is expected that every Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the purpose of all-around identification. In recent times and maybe in the nearest future, this number is to be linked with every individual activity including banking transactions.
In this post, we have outlined practical ways of retrieving and linking your National Identification Number (NIN) via the USSD code on the major network operators or through other online platforms.
In this post, we cover how to check and link the NIN Using USSD Code on your phone (MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile) and all information about NIN.
To get your NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile, use the following simple steps on your phone;
- To retrieve your NIN, dial *346# on your phone.
- Enter ‘1’ to choose NIN Retrieval Option (if the phone number you are dialing from was used during your NIN registration).
- Enter ‘2’ to choose the NIN Search option (if you have lost your number; you will be required to input some of your registration details).
- You should now see your NIN.
National Identification Number Registration (2022)
For those who are yet to enroll for the NIMC’s NIN, it is important to do so as to be able to get your line linked. To get registered;
- visit the online pre-enrolment portal for enrolment forms and guidelines or
- You can download the NIMC registration form through this link or
- Walk directly into any NIMC’s enrolment centers nationwide
- You can register through other licensed agents (ask around your neighborhood)
Note: You need one registration to be issued both the NIMC card and NIN. The 11-digit National Identification Number (NIN) is however not the same thing as the National e-ID Card which is a physical token. The NIN can be used on its own for digital identity verification without the e-ID card.
NIMC Enrolment Centres
There are designated centers country-wide and in overseas locations where you can easily work to register enroll for NIN. To find NIMC enrolment Centres near you, visit the NIMC webpage and click on your state or Diaspora location for a comprehensive list of centers across the location.
Requirements for NIN Registration
To enroll as an adult, walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
How to link NIN to MTN number
Below is a full guide on how you can check and link your NIN to MTN;
- Dial the USSD code *785# to link your NIN directly to your MTN line or.
- Via myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store.
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How to link NIN to Glo number
Below is a full guide on how you can check and link your NIN to Glo;
- Visit the online registration portal via Glo’s official website to fill in your information and link. Or
- Dial *109*yourNIN# (e.g *109*90123456789#) and follow the prompts to submit your details Or
- By SMS – Simply text your 11-digits NIN number to 109 (e.g 90123456789 to 109) and wait for a reply.
How to link NIN to Airtel number
Below is a full guide on how you can check and link your NIN to Airtel;
- Visit the online registration link via www.airtel.com.ng/nin
- dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission.
- If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
How to link NIN to 9mobile number
Below is a full guide on how you can check and link your NIN to 9Mobile;
- Dial *996# on your 9mobile SIM.
- select option 1 to confirm if your NIN has been successfully linked to your phone number.
- Dial 2 to link your 11-digit NIN to your 9Mobile number.
- Dial 3 to get information about NIN Registration centers across Nigeria.
Subscribers can also verify and link their NIN to their mobile number(s) online using the link https://9mobile.com.ng/nin