How to Block Websites in Safari on any iPhone or Apple device in 2022, Tech Guide on A3 Techworld. If you have children with iPhones or iPads or frequently use yours, you want to control the type of content they can access when browsing the web in Safari.
Want to block websites in the Safari browser on your iPhone? Restricting the websites from accessing is possible whether you want to block websites on a shared device or for someone who you don’t want to access it, this guide will help you out.
How to Block a Website on Safari iOS or iPad? Safari is one of the safest browsers for iOS and iPads. In Safari, you can time block or allow any sites that you might find malicious or damaging. It also allows you to block adult sites on your device. To control these options, you need to open the Settings app on the iOS device and navigate Screen Time>Content & Privacy Restrictions. Thereafter open-content restrictions and tap on Web content. From there you can control blocking and allowing the sites.
iOS has a feature that blocks adult content and you can manually insert URLs for all websites you’d like to disable.
How to block websites in safari using screen time on iPhone and iPad, Guide to limit adult content in Safari for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS in 2022.
- Launch the Settings app from the home screen.
- Swipe to the bottom to get find Screen Time.
- Tap the Screen Time and at the bottom, choose Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Turn on the slider for Content & Privacy Restrictions if you haven’t. Under Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap on Content Restrictions.
- Tap on Web Content.
- Choose Limit Adult Websites under Web Content to restrict adult websites automatically. Or you can add websites manually if you would like to block any particular website.
- Tap Add Website at the bottom under Never Allow and type the URL that you want to block.
- Tap Done and the website you ender is now blocked.
How to Block Websites in Safari Using a Third-Party App on iPhone and iPad
While the App Store is flooded with many website blockers, not all of them get the job done reliably. However, the one app you can bank on is Hossam Hamouda’s Website Blocker.
The app is lightweight and supports both iOS and iPadOS (iOS 9 or later). Notably, it also works with M1 Macs, running macOS 11 or later. So, I’m going to walk you through the steps on how to use this app.
- Download the website blocker app (Free) on your iPhone or iPad. Then, launch the app and set a login password and log in.
- Ensure that the website blocker is enabled in Safari. Open Settings app -> Safari -> Content Blockers (in iOS 14) or Extensions (in iOS 15 or later) and then make sure that the toggle next to the website blocker app is turned on.
- Next, tap the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen and enter the URL of the website that you want to block in Safari. After that, tap OK in the popup to confirm.
So, that’s how you can restrict website access in Safari on your iOS, iPadOS, or macOS device. While Screen Time remains a preferred choice for blocking websites, it’s not the only way to block unwanted websites in Safari.
So, whether your device doesn’t support Screen Time or you want an easier way of blocking sites, third-party tools (like the ones mentioned above) can come in handy.
How to Allow Specific Websites on Safari iOS?
By using this method, you will be blocking each and every website on Safari. However, this will only grant you access to a few websites that you would have whitelisted.
It is important for you to know the URL of the website to whitelist the site. The method will prevent your kids from accessing any suspicious sites, and they can only visit sites that you have whitelisted.
Follow the steps below to block all the websites and to enable a specific website on Safari:
- Open up your Settings app, and tap on Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- On the content & privacy restrictions, click on Content Restrictions, and tap on Web Content next.
- Now click on the option Allowed Websites Only.
- Click on Add Website to add the websites that you want to have access to.
- Simply paste your URL or type the web address, and tap on the Done button.
Using this method will block each and every website on the internet; you can only access the website that you have whitelisted.
In order to enable access to other websites, you must manually add the website address into the Allowed Website section.