How to Block Websites in Safari on any iPhone or Apple device in 2021, Tech Guide on A3 Techworld. If you have children with iPhones or iPads or frequently use yours, you want to control the type of content they can access when browsing the web in Safari.
Want to block websites in the Safari browser on your iPhone? Restricting the websites from accessing is possible whether you want to block websites on a shared device or for someone who you don’t want to access it, this guide will help you out.
iOS has a feature that blocks adult content and you can manually insert URLs for all websites you’d like to disable.
How to block websites in safari using screen time on iPhone and iPad, Guide to limit adult content in Safari for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS in 2021.
- Launch the Settings app from the home screen.
- Swipe to bottom to get find Screen Time.
- Tap the Screen Time and at the bottom, choose Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Turn on the slider for Content & Privacy Restrictions if you haven’t. Under Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap on Content Restrictions.
- Tap on Web Content.
- Choose Limit Adult Websites under Web Content to restrict adult websites automatically. Or you can add websites manually if you would like to block any particular website.
- Tap Add Website at the bottom under Never Allow and type the URL that you want to block.
- Tap Done and the website you ender is now blocked.
How to Block Websites in Safari Using a Third-Party App on iPhone and iPad
While the App Store is flooded with many website blockers, not all of them get the job done reliably. However, the one app you can bank on is Hossam Hamouda’s Website Blocker.
The app is lightweight and supports both iOS and iPadOS (iOS 9 or later). Notably, it also works with M1 Macs, running macOS 11 or later. So, I’m going to walk you through the steps on how to use this app.
- Download the website blocker app (Free) on your iPhone or iPad. Then, launch the app and set a login password and log in.
- Ensure that the website blocker is enabled in Safari. Open Settings app -> Safari -> Content Blockers (in iOS 14) or Extensions (in iOS 15 or later) and then make sure that the toggle next to the website blocker app is turned on.
- Next, tap the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen and enter the URL of the website that you want to block in Safari. After that, tap OK in the popup to confirm.
So, that’s how you can restrict website access in Safari on your iOS, iPadOS, or macOS device. While Screen Time remains a preferred choice for blocking websites, it’s not the only way to block unwanted websites in Safari.
So, whether your device doesn’t support Screen Time or you want an easier way of blocking sites, third-party tools (like the ones mentioned above) can come in handy.