How To Answer Calls With AirPods Pro, Tech Guides & Hacks. When Apple describes their AirPods and AirPods Pro as “true wireless,” they mean that. You can adjust the volume, stop and start the music, and even answer calls just by touching the buds in your ears.
All the controls you need to answer and end calls are right on your AirPods, so you don’t need to touch your phone at all while you’re wearing them unless you want to reject an incoming call.
How to answer calls with AirPods Pro:
- Double tap either one of your AirPods to accept an incoming call. If you have AirPods Pro, squeeze the force sensor.
- To end a call, double tap the AirPod or squeeze the AirPods Pro a second time.
- Do not take the call, do anything, or reject it in the usual way on your iPhone.
The 2nd Generation AirPods and AirPods Pro only require one tap or press to answer a call, while the original 1st Generation AirPods need two taps.
With the 2nd Generation AirPods, you’ll need to tap the side of either AirPod. Do it again to end the call.
If you’re using the 1st Generation AirPods, tap the side of either AirPod twice. Tap twice again to end the call.
That said, you don’t have to be content just answering calls you can use your AirPods to make calls as well.
If you have the AirPods Pro or 2nd Generation AirPods, say “Hey Siri,” wait for Siri’s activation chime, then announce your call: “Call William.”
With the 1st Generation AirPods, double-tap either earbud, wait for Siri’s activation chime and then announce your call.
How to answer calls with your AirPods and AirPods Pro
Answer calls with AirPods (1st and 2nd generation), Answer calls with AirPods Pro.
- When you get a call while you have your pods on, the process is pretty simple.
- What you have to do is tap on either the left or right pod.
- Doing that would enable you to answer your call.
- To end the call, you’d have to repeat the same process stated above.
- For your AirPods pro, press the force sensor to answer your call.
Make and answer calls with AirPods Max
- Make a call: Say “Hey Siri,” then say something like “Call Eliza’s mobile.” Or press and hold the Digital Crown, wait for a chime, then make your request.
- Answer or end a call: Press the Digital Crown. Note: If you turn on Announce Calls with Siri, you can also answer or decline a call using your voice (iOS 14.5 or later).
- Decline an incoming phone call and send it directly to voicemail: Double-press the Digital Crown.
- Answer a second phone call: To put the first call on hold and answer the new one, press the Digital Crown. You can then do the following:
- To switch between calls, press the Digital Crown.
- To end the current call and switch to the one on hold, double-press the Digital Crown.
how to connect and answer calls with AirPods pro on android
Connecting the Apple AirPods to an Android device works in the same way as connecting any device via Bluetooth. To pair them, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android device.
- Select Pair a New Device.
- Open the Apple AirPods case to enable pairing.
- When the AirPods appear on screen, tap on them and confirm pairing.
- If they don’t appear, push and hold the button on the rear of the AirPods case until the LED light between the AirPods flashes. This puts the AirPods in pairing mode and you can repeat step 4.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your AirPods should be connected with your chosen device and will continue to connect automatically whenever you open the case and put them in your ears.