This tech article will teach you how to download all photos and videos from a Telegram chat. Telegram is becoming popular beyond the technological and anti-Facebook circles -anti-WhatsApp, if you prefer- and it is increasingly normal to see how the application alerts us of the arrival of new contacts.
New contacts join existing ones and the groups and channels that populate a platform that, among many other attributes, stands out for the ability to send all kinds of files, including photos and videos. (Similar post: How To Stop Other People Seeing When You’re Online On Messaging Apps)
If you don’t know how to download all photos and videos from a Telegram chat, we are going to help you out. Telegram has become a very popular platform after WhatsApp changed its privacy policies. There are really interesting features present in the application. (Similar post: How To Recover Telegram Account Without Phone Verification Number)
Telegram, a messaging application with over 100 million users, is becoming more popular among non-technological and anti-Facebook individuals – anti-WhatsApp, if you like – and it’s becoming increasingly common to see how the software informs us of new contacts’ arrivals.
Sharing photos and videos is one of the basic activities of every user and that is what we will focus on in this article. Telegram allows you to send files of any type, the only requirement is that their size should not exceed the 2GB limit each.
How to download all photos and videos from a Telegram chat: The Telegram data export is the way in which you can download all the files that have been sent to you. It was implemented years ago in the application preferences, although the option was later derived to each chat, presumably, due to the huge amount of files that the average user can accumulate. You can download everything they send you in one go, yes, but in a single chat at the same time.
However, this can only be done through the Telegram application for PC, available for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Download and install Telegram Desktop
- Find the chat (private chat, group, or channel, it’s the same) from which you want to download whatever
- Go to the chat menu and choose the option “Export chat history”
How to download all photos from a Telegram chat
Most people think of Telegram as a mobile app but it has an independent web and desktop version too. So downloading photos from Telegram one by one might be annoying, but there is an easier way.
Telegram allows you to send a selection of files grouped as an album but does not let you download all of them at once. Using a service like Google Drive will let you automatically save all the photos and videos sent to you, but this is not the case with Telegram’s mobile app.
However, this can only be through the Telegram PC application, available for Linux, macOS, and Windows. Follow these steps:
- Download and install Telegram Desktop.
- Find the chat (private chat, group, or channel, it’s the same thing) from which you want to download photos.
- Go to the chat menu and choose the option “Export chat history”.
Then, do the following: choose the contents you want to download; choose the export format (HTML if you want to view it yourself, JSON if you want to import it into another application), and the path where it will be downloaded (make sure you have enough disk space) and, if you want something to be sent to you in a specific time period, choose the approximate dates.
You will find the result in the indicated directory, perfectly sorted in folders according to the type of file: photos, videos, files, even stickers.
How to download all videos from a Telegram chat?
- First, open the Telegram Web and log in to your account.
- Open the chat window of a person that includes a video sent to you.
- Scroll through the chat to find the video and click on the downside arrow on the video. Your PC should start downloading immediately. After that, you will be able to find that video in your phone’s gallery.
How to turn on the automatic download feature for videos in Telegram
You don’t need to download videos from Telegram manually. There is an option that makes downloading videos automatically, and it is very simple. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Telegram Web and log in. Go to the menu (the three lines icon you will see in the top-left corner).
- You will see the menu on the left sidebar and scroll down until you see the Settings and click on it.
- Now scroll down to find Data and Storage submenu and click on it.
- Click on the “When connected on the Wi-Fi” option and a list of things that will be automatically downloaded will be shown. Find the Videos option here and select it (so it will show a tick right next to it).
- Now click the Save button to save the changes.
From now on, whenever you receive a video from someone on Telegram, it will be saved to your gallery automatically.