Discord Screen Share No Audio is one of the biggest problems users have noticed with the platform. So in this article, we will be sharing tips on how to fix the Discord Screen Share Audio not Working issue fast and easily; because we understand just how frustrating it can be to have this issue.
Discord Screen Share won’t work if the Discord App is problematic for your PC, if the discord mute screen share is toggled on and if the Discord app is not updated. (Similar post: How To Add and Manage Bots in Your Discord Server (2022))
So, instead of showing the entire screen, you can only share the recording tab. In most cases, the screen-sharing audio feature is used by gamers. They use it for streaming videos and watching gameplay.
Screen and audio sharing features are the latest functions of Discord. And so, this feature has many bugs too. Because of the bugs, you will notice discord not picking up voice or discord audio problems more frequently. (Similar post: How to stream HBO Max on Discord)
Here are the steps to fix Discord Screen Share No Audio issues. Since these are different fixes we recommend, it’ll be great to try them one at a time, restart your device, and see if it works before you attempt the next one, so you can keep track of the changes in case you want to reverse changes.
Fix 1 – Restart your PC and the Discord App
The first fix we recommend for Discord screen share no audio is to restart your computer and the Discord app. Some programs may be running in conflict with the Discord app. So a simple restart and retrial might solve the issue. Your Discord app might not be the only app using the system audio; if another program is running and it overpowers Discord, the Discord screen shares no audio issue might pop up. So try that next.
PS. I just wanted to add this. Some applications are not compatible with Discord. And when that happens, there might be issues with sharing the audio. Some applications also have an option to share computer audio. If that option is not selected, the audio may not get shared. So while you’re looking at compatibility, we believe you should look through the application’s audio settings and see what doesn’t seem right.
Fix 2 – Update the Discord App
Updating the app is a crucial factor for fixing no audio from discord problems. By updating the app, you will be able to fix discord audio, not working issues.
Here are the steps to update the Discord app:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the win+ R key at the same time.
- Type %localappdata% and press enter.
- Double-click Discord and double-click on Update.exe.
- Wait for the update process to be completed and then relaunch the app.
Fix 3 – Check your Audio Drivers
Another reason why you’re having the Discord screen share audio not working problem might be the audio drivers. Discord is a powerful sound-based application, and it uses the audio drivers on your PC. There are cases where the audio drivers you have get corrupt and stop working properly; if that happens, you might have the Discord screen share no audio problem. If that results, you might want to visit the official website of your PC maker for an easy way to download and install your PC audio drivers.
Fix 4 – Check and give the right Permissions
Permissions are important. And not giving adequate permissions could result in the Discord screen share audio not working issue. Since the Discord app shares the screen with several computers, sometimes, it might need administrative access to solve this issue. So ensure that all administrative access the app might require is given.
Here is how you can grant Administrative access to Discord:
- Launch the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E.
- Now navigate to the installation location of Discord.
- Right-click on the Discord.exe application and choose Run as Administrator.
- Press OK to save the changes.
Fix 5 – Add Your Discord Activity
Another thing that could cause the Discord screen share audio not working issue is that Discord gets confused when it doesn’t know the exact activity you are performing. The app is designed to automatically detect your activity, but when you are playing games and doing some other things at the same time, it could make the audio stop working.
Here are the steps to add Discord Activity:
- Open Discord User Settings.
- On the left navigation bar, you will see several options. Click on Games.
- Move to the Game Activity Tab and add the activity.
- Turn on the toggle button in front of the Discord Overlay
How to Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem
Many users have solved their audio errors on Discord using the legacy audio subsystem.
Follow these steps to turn ON the legacy audio subsystem:
- STEP 1: Open Discord.
- STEP 2: Click on the “Settings” icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- STEP 3: Select the “Voice & Video” option from the list of items on the left pane.
- STEP 4: Scroll to the “AUDIO SUBSYSTEM” section, then click on the dropdown menu to select “Legacy” from the options.
- STEP 5: Click on “Okay” to confirm the changes you’ve just made. Your Discord app will relaunch immediately after you observe the process.
Resetting the voice settings on Discord is a straightforward process that will require a few clicks. You can reset your Discord voice settings by following these steps:
- STEP 1: Click the settings icon at the bottom right corner of your Discord page.
- STEP 2: Scroll to “App Settings” and select “Voice & Video” from the options.
- STEP 3: Scroll down to the end of the page settings and click on “Reset Voice Settings“
- STEP 4: Click on “Okay” to confirm your setting.
- STEP 5: Wait for Discord to relaunch. After Discord relaunches, try the voice feature to see if it works.
The steps for clearing your discord roaming data depend on your version. Though deleting the data for the online web app, desktop program, and mobile app is manual, the procedure to follow differs slightly.
Follow the process below if you are using the desktop version:
- STEP 1: Click on the Start icon to open the search menu on your PC.
- STEP 2: Enter “%appdata%” into the search bar.
- STEP 3: Look for the Discord folder amongst the search results.
- STEP 4: Find and delete the “Cache,” “Code Cache,” and “GPUCache” folders.
- STEP 5: Lastly, ensure to empty your recycle bin.
If you use the Discord web app, the data you need to clear will be in your browser’s cache folder. So, simply clear your browser’s cache to clear your Discord files.
Here’s how to do that:
- STEP 1: Press “Ctrl+Shift+Del” altogether.
- STEP 2: Select “Cached images and files“
- STEP 3: Click on “Clear data“
Locate the app’s cached files and delete them to clear your Discord roaming data from your mobile phone. Follow the steps below if you don’t know how to:
- STEP 1: Go to your phone’s “Settings.”
- STEP 2: Go to “Apps.”
- STEP 3: Find the Discord app and tap on it.
- STEP 4: Tap the “Clear cache” option.
These steps may vary a little depending on your Android version. Nonetheless, the basic steps will most likely be the same.
Before reinstalling Discord, you must first remove the existing Discord app from your device.
Below is a guide on how to remove your current Discord app and download a new one:
- STEP 1: Press the Windows + R keys together to open the “Run” prompt box.
- STEP 2: Type “%AppData%” into the box and click “OK.”
- STEP 3: Look for the Discord folder from the list of program folders that opens up.
- STEP 4: Right-click on the Discord folder and delete it.
- STEP 5: Press the Windows + R keys together to open the “Run” prompt box.
- STEP 6: Type “%LocalAppData%” into the box and click “OK.”
- STEP 7: A new File Explorer window will open up. Right-click on the Discord folder in this window and delete it.
- STEP 8: Restart your PC.
- STEP 9: Download the Discord application.
- STEP 10: Run the Discord setup file and proceed with the installation.
Not all of the reasons we’ve highlighted may apply to your case because each computer has different configurations.
- The Audio feature is in the initial phase: Since the Screen share with the Audio feature is still new, it is not yet stable enough. As a result, you may notice some slight glitches in operation once in a while.
- There may be some bug in your Discord app.
- Issues with Audio Drivers: Discord uses audio drivers like other sound applications. If your audio drivers are not functioning properly because they are corrupt or outdated, you may experience sound issues with the Discord app.
- It may be due to corrupted cache/temporary files.
- Administrative Access: Based on the activities the Discord app can execute, you may need to grant it administrative access to function effectively.
Here is how to screen share with Audio on Discord:
- STEP 1: Open Discord and go to the server where you want to stream.
- STEP 2: Go into a voice channel and click on the “Screen” option at the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- STEP 3: If you find that you can’t click on the “Screen” option, it means you don’t have permission to stream in that channel. You can ask a server moderator to grant you access.
- STEP 4: If you have access to steam in that channel, simply go ahead to choose what you want to share. You can either share your entire screen or a specific app.
- STEP 5: Select the streaming quality and framerate you want. You can stream at 1080p with 60FPS or 720p at 30FPS.
- STEP 6: You may also select a preset option like “Smoother Video“
- STEP 7: When you are done setting your stream quality, Click “Go Live“
- STEP 8: At this point, you would have started streaming your screen to the channel. Double-click the red “LIVE” icon next to your name if you want to view your stream.
- STEP 9: Click the “Screen” option in the bottom-left corner again to end the stream, or you can simply disconnect from the channel.
Here is how to share your screen on mobile Discord:
- STEP 1: Open Discord on your mobile phone.
- STEP 2: Go to the server and voice channel you want to stream.
- STEP 3: When you get into the voice channel, tap the phone icon at the bottom of the screen.
- STEP 4: You will get a pop-up message asking you to give Discord permission to record your screen.
- STEP 5: Press “Start now” or, in some cases, “Start Broadcast” to give Discord permission to record your screen.
- STEP 6: Your entire screen will be visible on the channel. They will also be able to view your screen when you open a different app.
- STEP 7: Tap “Stop sharing” in Discord anytime you want to stop streaming.