Best Ways to Find or Lookup any Cell Phone Number Online in Nigeria, stay protected from stalkers and scammers.
How many times a day do you get a call from a number you don’t recognize? As you’ve probably figured out already, it’s not easy to find the owner of a cell number that called you, nor to find the cell number of someone you’d like to call.
Cell phone lookup services are available in two forms: a) find a cell phone number by searching for some other information you know about the caller, or b) look up someone’s number to see who owns it, called a reverse number search.
The information provided here is to help you reconnect with someone. Maybe you had a number and lost it, or the one you had is no longer in service. Perhaps you got a call from someone you don’t recognize and need to sleuth it out.
Below is a comprehensive look at the best ways to use the internet to find phone number information.
People Search Engines: Best for Reverse Phone Lookups
One of the best ways to find any cell phone number online is with a people finder tool. These websites gather lots of information about the person, which might include not only their cell phone number but also their full name, address, email, job history, relatives, etc.
Most of these websites let you search by whatever information you already know. For example, you can find who owns the phone number (if you know the number) or which phone numbers belong to the person (if all you know is their name, email, username, or address).
Some of these sites can even be used to find relatives and neighbors, meaning that you could ultimately find someone’s brother’s phone number, for example, if all you know as a starting point is his sister’s name.
A few examples of places where you can find out a cell phone number or get a name from the number, include TruePeopleSearch and ZabaSearch (both free). For a fee, you can get lots of other personal details with BeenVerified, TruthFinder, or Pipl.
Social Media: Track a Number and Other Personal Information on social media
There are hundreds of millions of people active on various social media sites all over the world. Many people use these websites to share information with each other, and yes, that does often include phone numbers. One of the best ways to find any cell phone number online is on social media, simply type the person’s name into the site’s search function and see what comes back.
Some people might have their social media profile set to private or might require you to connect with them on the service before you can view personal details like their phone number. However, others are wide open, and their phone number and other details might be entirely public.
Depending on the platform, you might be able to search for a number using the person’s name and find who owns a phone number if you don’t know their name, all at no charge.
Truecaller: Identify unknown numbers calling
Do you wish to identify callers before answering strange calls? Do you want to block annoying spam calls? Do you wish to search online for someone’s or a company’s number? Sure what you need is the Truecaller app on your device.
One of the best ways to find any cell phone number online is with Truecaller, It is the leading global platform for verifying contacts and blocking unwanted communication. Identify unknown numbers, spam, or companies calling before picking up! See the true identity of each incoming call anywhere in the world – landline, mobile, or pre-paid.
- Search numbers: you can search for numbers on Truecaller, by just typing in a name of the person or company and it will display the contacts searched if available on its database.
- Get caller ID: Truecaller will display the name and picture if available of the person calling you even if you don’t have the number saved on your contact. So you get to know who is calling you even before you answer the call.
- Spam call blocker: Have you being receiving unwanted calls? Truecaller has a feature where you can report a number as spam and it will help you block the number from calling you, it also has a top list of scam nubers in it’s database already.
- Add pictures and contact information: You can now keep your contact list updated with the latest pictures and information of your contacts which are being pulled from their online profiles like Facebook, twitter, Linkedin etc.
Web Search Engine: Find Cell Phone Numbers Across Multiple Sites
A reverse phone number lookup with a web search engine like Google is another useful way to track cell numbers. This is the best way to search the web as a whole to see which cell phone directories have that number listed.
If the number is posted on a blog, website, public job profile, people search engine that’s not listed above, etc., it will show up here. From there, you can do some more digging on that specific site to learn whose number it is and maybe even find their email and other contact information like a physical address.
Using a search engine to research phone numbers works for not only cell numbers but also landlines and toll-free phone numbers.
Websites For Finding any Cell Phone Number Online
The search engine method above is useful for looking up cell phone numbers when you’re not sure where exactly to search. However, if you didn’t have luck with that method, there are sites made specifically for finding phone numbers and digging up who owns a number.
While most number lookup services focus on landlines, these have been confirmed to work when you’re looking up a name associated with the number, or for doing the opposite (locating a number from the person’s name):
- Spy Dialer: Enter the cell phone number to see the owner’s name and where the area code is from. You can also hear the person’s voicemail message.
- NumLookup: Type the number into the box to see the person’s name and which carrier it currently belongs to. It can also make calls and send texts to the number.
- USPhonebook: Simple website that lets you find a number by name and find a name by a cell number search. It also lists possible relatives.
- ReversePhoneCheck: Not free, but queries over half a billion mobile numbers to match a name with the cell phone number. It also includes lots of other personal details after you pay.