The Apple iPhone 12 is a premium handset that comes with a great list of features, it costs more than its predecessors but has a crisp new HDR OLED screen. The iPhone 12 official release date was 2020, October 23.
In this post, we look at the Apple iPhone 12 price in Nigeria, along with key features, and a section for detailed specifications, get the latest updates on all smartphones on a3techworld Nigeria.
The Apple iPhone 12 specs include a 6.1 inches Super Retina XDR OLED, there phone runs on iOS 14.1 and is powered by a Li-Ion 2815 mAh battery, the iPhone 12 is going for a price of about 470,000 Naira in Nigeria and will be available in Black, White, Red, Green, and Blue color options.
ALSO READ: List Of Apple iPhones & Prices in Nigeria
For performance on the iPhone 12, we have the new Apple A14 Bionic chip powers the entire iPhone 12 series. The A14 has a six-core processor, just like the last Apple chips. The Apple A14 Bionic also comes with Qualcomm’s X55 5G modem, and that’s why the entire iPhone 12 lineup supports 5G connectivity.
In the camera department, the iPhone 12 sports a dual-camera setup 12MP + 12MP with a dual 12MP + SL 3D selfie snapper seat upfront.
Below are some of the key features, specs, and price of the iPhone 12:
|Price In Nigeria||470,000 Naira|
|Performance||Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm)|
|Memory||64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM|
|Camera||Main: 12MP + 12MP|
Selfie: 12MP + SL 3D
|Battery||Li-Ion 2815 mAh|
|Display||6.1 inches Super Retina XDR OLED|
|Models||A2403, A2172, A2402, A2404|
|Colors||Black, White, Red, Green, Blue|
|Launch Date In Nigeria||2020, October 23|
Apple iPhone 12 Full Specifications
- Dimensions: 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm (5.78 x 2.81 x 0.29 in)
- Weight: 164 g (5.78 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
Apple continues its glass-sandwich design with an aluminum band wrapped around the device. The iPhone water resistance increased to a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529. You can submerge the device up to 6 meters for 30 minutes.
- Type: Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, 625 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.1 inches, 90.2 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1170 x 2532 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~460 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating
- Dolby Vision
- Wide color gamut
The Apple iPhone 12 gives you a new 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display that matches what you get in the iPhone 12 Pro.
This panel packs a 2532×1170 resolution, making for a dramatic increase in the clarity of on-screen content compared to the iPhone 11’s dated 1792×898 display. It’s also HDR10 rated, allowing you to watch any videos recorded with the device’s Dolby Vision-equipped rear camera the way they were intended to be seen.
- OS: iOS 14.1, upgradable to iOS 14.4
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm)
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
The iPhone 12 is said to be armed with the first 5-nanometer processor ever embedded in a smartphone. It features a 50% faster CPU and GPU than other manufacturers’ smartphone chips and has over 11.8 billion transistors.
- Card slot: No
- Internal: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM
- Main camera: Dual 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.6″
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 30fps), stereo sound rec.
There are two 12-megapixel rear cameras— one wide and one ultra-wide. The layout is the same as the iPhone 11 but features a wider aperture on both lenses.
The Apple iPhone 12 can shoot video in HDR with Dolby Vision grading, the first for any smartphone. Recording in 4K HDR with Dolby Vision will allow filmmakers to create a video that has never been possible on an iPhone before.
- Selfie camera: Dual 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″
- SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
The front-facing camera is still a 12-megapixel, f/2.2 lens. The TrueDepth system is unchanged.
The front camera features a portrait mode with advanced bokeh and depth control, Portrait Lighting with effects, 4K video recording, 1080p HD video recording, and next-generation Smart HDR.
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Ultra-Wideband (UWB) support
Amongst the features released with the iPhone 12, is Magsafe, a feature that was first seen on Apple Macbooks. Magsafe is pretty much a circular magnet on the rear, which will help align wireless chargers faster, in more of a snap mechanism.
- Type: Li-Ion 2815 mAh, non-removable (10.78 Wh)
- Charging: Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
- USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 15W
- Stand-by Up to 17 h (multimedia)
- Music play Up to 65 h
The iPhone 12 offers a 20W fast wired charging, which promises 50% charge in 30 mins and als0 15W wireless charging.
- 470,000 Naira in Nigeria
- 79,365 INR in India
- 125,500 KSh in Kenya
- 7, 173 GHS in Ghana