All you need to know about OPay in Nigeria on A3 Techworld. OPay is owned by the same Chinese company that owns the browser, Operamini, and is rated as one of the most popular payment processors in the country right now.
OPay was established to simplify transactions online in Nigeria. The app also allows you to buy airtime, mobile data, and lots more without having to open another bank account.
Is OPay registered with CBN? Our businesses are licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria – like any established financial institution – and OPay is today one of the leading Fintechs in Nigeria.
Is OPay a Microfinance Bank? OPay, which has a microfinance bank (MFB) license from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), becomes the second-largest bank in Nigeria in view of its $2 billion market valuation and giving it 33 percent of the market valuation of top Tier 1 banks.
Can OPay receive dollars in Nigeria? Yes, the partnership between OPay and WorldRemit will provide Nigerians with a fast, easy, and more affordable way to receive money from over 50 countries including the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada directly into their mobile phones.
In this article, we would be talking about all you need to know about OPay in Nigeria; How to become an OPay agent, how to earn money from OPay, and how to get an OPay POS terminal in Nigeria.
OPay offers a wide scope of services to their customer which includes:
- Recharging and paying all NTC, Ncell, and Smart Cell related bills;
- Paying SIM TV, Dish Home, and Mero TV bills;
- Paying your Nepal Electric Authority and Life Insurance bills for Nepal Life Insurance.
How to become an OPay agent and earn money
In this section, we talk about how you can become an OPay agent and earn money in Nigeria 2021, If you are looking for additional means of income, or have a shop with relatively good patronage this guide is here to assist you in becoming an OPay agent.
Required documents to become an OPay agent:
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Utility bill not more than three months from the day of application
- Valid ID card (driver’s license, national ID card, or passport)
- One clear passport photograph
Below is a step-by-step guide on how you can become an OPay agent and earn money in 2021:
- Download and install OPay App on your smartphone.
- Use your active phone number to complete the installation.
- Click on “Menu” then click on “become an agent with OPay”.
- Fill out the form correctly.
Haven completed the above task, a representative from OPay will contact you (might not be immediate), whenever they do put the required documents close by.
Kindly read their “OPay Agent guide” which will provide insights on how best to do more with the OPay app and generate more income as an agent in your community.
How to get an OPay POS machine
This section contains vital information on how to apply and get your Opay POS machine in Nigeria. The next step to making money from OPay after becoming an OPay agent is to apply for a point of sale (POS) machine.
Below is a quick step by step guide on how to request and get an OPay POS machine now:
- Log in to the OPay app.
- Click on the More icon
- Click on my POS icon
- Accurately fill in the required information.
- Upload your bank statement for the last three months.
- Upload a valid ID Card (driver’s license, national ID card, or passport)
- Also, upload a picture of your business residence, showing your storefront.
NOTE: The OPay POS is free; however, agents must have a caution fee of 20,000 Naira available in their OPay wallets; immediately, the POS application is approved, the caution fee charge will take effect. This sum will be refunded to the agents when the agent returns the POS terminal.
Does OPay work in Nigeria?
What are the benefits of OPay in Nigeria:
- You can use the OPay app for purchase of airtime. All Telecom companies in Nigeria are supported (MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9Mobile). You can also do data subscriptions on the app.
- Payment of electricity bills can be done on OPay.
- You can make your DSTV, GOTV, and Startimes subscriptions through the OPay app.
- Money transfers can be done on the OPay app. You can send money to users on the app and also to normal bank accounts.
- You can get a loan by using OKash services.
- You can make an investment and gain interest annually through OWealth.
- You can deposit money on betting platforms through OPay. NairaBet, Bet9ja, Cloudbet and Supabets are supported.
- You can become an OPay merchant and make money with OPay.
FAQ: All you need to know about OPay in Nigeria
You can transfer money to all banks in Nigeria at the cheapest rate. You can receive payments from your customers directly to your wallet. You can also send or receive money using OPay wallet to wallet. Remember that you only need the phone number of the other OPay user.
Yahui Zhou, CEO of OPay. OPay launched its mobile payment service in August 2018, creating an infrastructure on which the company is now adding new services.
You need zero amount of money to become an opay agent. Registration for becoming an opay agent is free, and also opay gives you POS for free since you are an agent.
All OPay POS requests are reviewed and processed within 24 hours. Once your request for the POS terminal is approved, the agent support team will contact you to inform you about the best available date to pick up the POS terminal.
To become an OPay agent, you only need to visit the app store, download the OPay app, and sign up “to become an agent”. The signup is free, you will also get a free POS machine.